3.25.2011

THE. TIME. HAS. COME.

Where am I going and what am I doing? I look at life as a sequence of events that are predestined. Some call this fate, however, I look at the definition of fate a little differently. You are on a road and you have reached three very different detours all looking engaging, but you can't see where you will end up. So you choose detour one. One thing happens after another and you end up wherever you end up. If you had chosen detour two your journey to your final destination would be a lot different and same goes for detour three. The point I'm trying to make here is that I am stuck. I am on my road, alone, lost, and scared. I am graduating from Community College ( I know it's a huge milestone, but really all jokes aside...) I am now faced with the decision of where to go and what I should do. Do I take my chances with detour one? ...Or maybe try my luck with detour two... Or shit, just take a swing at detour three. I am usually a very impulsive person. This may be a good or bad thing, not sure yet. I know what I want and don't think twice about it. This decision though is hard. Do I go to FIDM in Los Angeles or the Art Institute in Hollywood or maybe just go to Cal State Long Beach or save for FIT in New York or just don't continue school and jump right into the industry head first? I don't know... They say in the world of fashion "It's who you know not what you know." Some of the most important people you meet, who make an impact on your voyage through life, are by chance. You just so happened to be at the right place at the right time. I'm worried I'll miss that opportunity and I'll miss my chance at pursuing what I love all together. 

4 comments:

  1. a.) dont go to FIDM if anything LBC.
    b.) go to new york. im sure youll have lots of fun. it may cost a lot but itll probably be worth it in the end.
    or
    c.) move to la, go to clubs and bars, sleep around and meet lots of people and get a shoe in that way.

    personal experience says b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm option c is lookin reeeeaaaal good right bout now... so confused. I already got accepted into FIDM but I'm having cold feet now because I've heard such negative feedback. My first choice is FIT in NY but it is a lot so I was thinking of taking a year off and working full time to help pay, but thats a whole year wasted I feel. I don't know what to do dude

    ReplyDelete
  3. LBC with me! No FIDM I told you this already :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. theres no problem taking a year off to work, but you can also still try to get your foot into the door at the same time. and if not then you can go to fit. just make sure its only a year.

    or LBC with bethany :)

    ReplyDelete